Friday 15 July 2011

Next-door Neighbor Girl

Today Next-door neighbor girl came by. She’s one of those rounder people with nice faces and seemed alright. Only she forgot to mention everything important about herself. When she arrived rapping on the door my Mum called me downstairs. The conversation commenced as so:
Neighbor girl: “Hello, I’ve been instructed to come round and introduce myself!”
Me: “Hello, I’m Abi.”
*common hand shake takes place*
Neighbor girl: “Hi”
*…*
I've been here just over a week and I had no inkling as to her or any of my neighbors’ existence, so I suppose she was right in that I didn’t really need to know her name.
We then continued a small chat about schools…
It took three fires at getting her to reveal where she was attending as if it was either a school she’d want to hide out of greed like, say, Hogwarts or a place she might be ashamed of, like a school for the socially dysfunctional/youth correctional facility. No judgment – I’m just saying, WHO KNOWS?! Because who really does when you don’t tell anyone anything. Back to it though: it was when we finally bluntly stated that we were wondering where she was going to school that she replied happily and without hesitation  she was “going to Westonbirt, just down the road”. She also invited me over to watch the telly. If ever I got bored watching mine without apparently nameless people.
All in all, she did seem quite nice. I might add that she was wearing what she called a “hippy skirt, I was feeling quite hippy-ish today”. Someday I should like to wake up feeling hippy-ish, what good fun it could be!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment